How can you benefit from the Cerec machine at the dentist’s office?
The Cerec machine comes with groundbreaking technology that has revolutionized dentistry. In the past, crowns and inlays were created by taking an impression – it was generally a longer process. Most patients have gone through this process and have experienced how long it can take to get a crown fitted. However, the Cerec machine has changed all that, using CAD/CAM technology, patients can be fitted with crown in just 15 minutes. The procedure beings with the dentist taking an image with a specialized optical camera which then send the images to computer. The next step involves the dentist designing the restoration, once the design has been satisfactorily finalized, the dentist can then instruct the computer to begin work on the restoration – which initiates the milling process that is usually completed in 15 minutes. All that that is required from the dentist’s or assistant’s end is to select the proper shade of the teeth, everything else will be handled by the computer. A ceramic blank is placed inside the milling machine which then carves out the restoration per the specs instructed by the dentists. It works much like a printer for tooth restoration.
Getting treatment with Cerec system:
- The tooth is prepared in the usually manner which involves the dentist drilling in the tooth using a tool called ‘burr’. This process is necessary as it involves reshaping the tooth to accommodate the crown that will be created using the Cerec system.
- A wax mold isn’t needed with the Cerec system, instead the dentist will take images of your tooth using a specialized camera, and then upload those images to be processed further.
- The design unit, using specialized CAD/CAM technology, enables the dentists to create a custom 3D model of your tooth, through this process, the dentist will be able to create a blueprint for your restoration.
- The next process involved placing a block of high-quality ceramic in the milling machine. Depending on the specific requirement for your restoration, the dentist will select the appropriate ceramic that best matches your teeth.
- After the milling process is complete, the restoration is nearly ready. All that is required is that the restoration undergo a polishing process which matches the color of your teeth with the restoration.
- Once you are fully satisfied with the result, the dentist will then cement the restoration, ensuring that is firmly in place.
Thanks for all you and your team do. You did an awesome job on my implant. Thank you
I never felt so comfortable in a dentist office as much as i felt at Berkeley Lake Dental. Dentist and assistant were very professional and nice. I will recommend them to my friends
I really like all of the staff at the office. Everyone is extremely friendly and patient. I will recommend this office to my friends. Thank you
Great service. They really helps if you really need it, very professional and friendly
Dr Huynh is professional, competent in dentistry and has a terrific dental staff. The Berkeley Lake Dental Office is clean and comfortable. I highly recommend Duc Huynh, DDS for a painless dental experience.
I am very pleased with the service I have received. The staff is very friendly and professional. I had three extractions done and everything went amazingly well. I am a new patient and it was a very good first experience. Thank you Dr.Huynh and your staff.
Berkeley Lake Dental is a great dental practice! All of the staff members are exceptionally friendly and display courteous and professional attitudes. I know when i arrive for an appointment that all of my dental needs will be met with care and concern. The staff is so warm and caring and i receive far better treatment then at any other dentist I have used in the past.
4720 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Norcross, Georgia 30071
View Larger Map